Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Crazy week

Man, what a crazy week this has been. Tyler has managed to come down with his first cold, and I am feeling the effects too. I went to the Dr. on Wednesday of last week when I noticed a rash on his leg that wasn't going away. The Dr. said he thought it was insect bites! It figures that the first time I put him on a blanket outside he gets bitten by a bug. Poor baby. Thankfully some cortizone cream took it away quickly, but then he was bitten by another bug, a nasty cold. He is actually very calm and content when not feeling well. He is waking up often to eat since his little nose is so stuffed he is not getting much with each meal. So, our nice little schedule is turned upside down for now. We bought a humidifier which has helped a lot, and thankfully my mother-in-law was visiting for the weekend and she showed me how to unclog his nose using the bulb syringe. She is a respitory therapist and does it all the time. Tyler hates it! Now everytime I lay him down to change his diaper, he thinks I am going to work on his nose so he twists and turns to get out of my reach. The Dr. said a cold for an infant usually last 5-10 days, so hopefully we will be over this soon. Although, I'm sure this is only the beginning of sick days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment