Friday, July 23, 2010

Long Summer

I don't know why, but I am feeling like this summer in some ways has flown by, and in others is dragging on and on. I think the yucky weather is playing a role in this, so I am thankful that it seems to be clearing up for the weekend (let's hope). I miss taking Ty on walks and to the park without the sticky humidity and the mosquitos getting us at every turn. I can honestly say I am done with summer and am ready to bring on the fall.

Ty got really sick recently too. It was his first time to have a high fever that lasted for 3 days. It would break during the day, then spike again at night. It ended up giving him a horrible rash that covered his entire body except his legs. He was so lethargic all weeek and just wanted to cuddle, which is so unlike him. I have watched so much Sesame Street and Clifford that I literally sings the theme songs in my dreams. I hate letting him watch TV too, but when he's sick and it's poring down rain all day, there isn't too many options. It looks like he is getting back to his good old self for the weekend, so I'm thankful for that.

I'm super excited to welcome my sisters baby, Madelyn Grace, coming in August!! We'll be heading to Dallas for a week when she is born so Tyler can meet his new cousin. Should be great.

Ty is 15 month old now and is doing the cutest things every day. He is very verbal, and is trying to say new words all the time. Also, this boy LOVES music. I'm not sure if this is a sign for his future endeavors, but is is really neat that he seems to emjoy it as much as his parents do. His favs are Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews and anything with a strong beat that he can "get down" too. Super cute.

Not sure why I decided to write a few random things today....But I am feeling very random so maybe that's it.

Here are some pics of recent events....


My sister and her friends at her shower

My sister @ 33 weeks

Poor Mr. Tyler and his rash

Ty chillin out on the floor watching his favorite video

No comments:

Post a Comment